BearingPoint Limited, BearingPoint Technology Limited and BearingPoint Software Solutions UK and its associated companies (all together “BearingPoint”) value your trust and are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. This Recruitment Privacy Statement (this “Statement”) last updated in May 2020 applies to all the information collected by BearingPoint, if you use BearingPoint’s online career resources such as the online career website https://www.bearingpointcareers.co.uk (“Website”) or the service for handling recruitment, applicants tracking and simplifying the hiring process which is powered by HireHive Ltd., Ireland (the “Service”), on behalf of BearingPoint (“Controller” “we” “us” “our” etc.). It is important that the individuals using the Service (“User” “Users” “you” “Data Subject”) are informed about how we handle User’s personal data in the recruitment process. We collect personal data that you submit to the Website or the Service and we use it for recruiting-related purposes.
A full list of our main offices and legal entities can be found at https://www.bearingpoint.com/en/locations/.
What Personal Data will BearingPoint collect?
When you apply for a job at BearingPoint, we will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting process. BearingPoint collects a range of information about you during our recruitment process including:
- Your name and contact details;
- Your home address;
- Your qualifications, experience, skills and employment history;
- Date you submit CVs/letters/other written materials;
- Whether you have the eligibility to work in the United Kingdom;
- Your current salary and benefits and salary expectations;
- Whether you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during our recruitment procedure;
- References from previous employers;
- Pictures and videos
- Information from third-party sources such as LinkedIn or Instagram or Facebook accounts
- Answers to questions asked through our Recruitment Department
- Data provided by third-party placement firms;
- Other information that the User provides through the Service or during the recruitment process
Lawfulness of Processing, Consent
Your submission of personal data constitutes your consent to our use of your data and your verification that it is accurate. You are not required to provide any requested information to BearingPoint but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
We collect personal data about Users from Users when Users:
- make an application through the Service or otherwise, adding personal data about themselves either personally or by using a third-party source such as LinkedIn or Facebook; and
- use the Service to communicate with our Recruitment Department, adding personal data about themselves either personally or by using a third-party source such as LinkedIn or Facebook.
We collect data from third parties, such as LinkedIn and through other public sources and may contact you for recruitment purposes. This is referred to as “Sourcing” and is manually performed by our Recruitment Department.
By agreeing to this Statement:
- You agree to the use and transfer of the personal information you provided during the recruiting process to BearingPoint entities for the purposes of the candidate procedure. Some BearingPoint entities may be located in countries other than your home country, including countries where data protection laws may differ from those of your home country.
- You agree that BearingPoint may share your personal information with other BearingPoint entities to fill positions throughout the group.
- You agree that BearingPoint may save the detailed applications for a period of 36 months in order to take them into account for future vacancies.
- You also agree that BearingPoint may retain your key contact details to inform you of future vacancies and recruiting events.
You can revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future and without giving reasons by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see also below section “Rights of Data Subjects”.
We may also obtain information from third parties to perform reference or background checks as appropriate and legally possible.
To the extent the personal information you voluntarily provide for the candidate process contains details of your: racial or ethnic origin; physical or mental health or condition; job evaluations or educational records; commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or related proceedings; political opinions or beliefs; religious beliefs; sexual orientation; membership of a trade union or political party, you expressly authorise BearingPoint to handle such details for the purposes of your job application and the candidate procedure.
Why we process your personal data
We need to process various types of information about you to:
- Take the necessary steps before entering a contract with you
- Comply with our legal obligations such as checking your right to work in the UK for which this Statement shall apply before employment starts
- Fulfil our legitimate business interests, including being able to manage the recruitment process, assess your suitability for the role and decide whether to make an offer of employment to you.
Information You Provide
The provision of personal information, including on the Website and for the Service, is voluntary. Please note however that the failure to provide sufficient information may result in BearingPoint being unable to consider you for employment, promotion, transfer or relocation.
Transfer of personal data to third party
- We will not sell or otherwise transfer your personal data to unauthorized third parties.
- But we may transfer Users’ Personal Data to:
- Our contractors and sub-contractors, acting as our Processors and Sub-Processors in accordance with our instructions, for the provision of the Service
- Authorities or legal advisors in case criminal or improper behaviour is suspected; and
- Authorities, legal advisors or other actors, if required by us according to law or authority’s injunction.
Cookies and Similar Technology
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at
Neither the Website nor the Service is intended for minors under the age of 18 or the lawful age of employment (whichever is greater) in any country in which we operate.
Data Retention and Transfers
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, BearingPoint may nevertheless continue to retain and use key contact personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider you for new positions, and, if appropriate, to refer back to an earlier application if you submit your CV or other information to BearingPoint again in the future.
If you are given and accept an offer of employment by BearingPoint, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your BearingPoint personnel records, to be retained throughout and for a period after your employment with BearingPoint.
The personal data collected through the Service and through the Website is stored and processed inside the EU/EEA, by such third country that is considered by the European Commission to have an adequate level of protection, or processed by such suppliers that have entered into such binding agreements that fully complies with the lawfulness of third country transfers (as Privacy Shield) or to other supplies where the adequate safeguards are in order to protect the rights of the data subjects whose data is transferred. To obtain documentation regarding such adequate safeguards, contact us using the Contact details listed in “Contact Information”.
Rights of Data Subjects
We want to make sure that any information we hold on you is up to date and correct. You can request from BearingPoint information in particular pursuant to Art. 15 to 18, 21 GDPR, as to your personal data held by us as a controller, the purpose of the storage and obtain certain other information about how and why we process your personal data. Furthermore, and within the legal framework, you have the right to request for your personal data to be amended or rectified where it is inaccurate, the right to restrict our processing of your personal data and the right to obtain deletion of your personal data.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”); the ICO is the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) regarding the processing of personal data relating to you, if you consider that the processing of personal data infringes the legal framework of privacy law.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process personal information, please contact us at:
BearingPoint Data Protection Department
10557 Berlin, Germany
Fax: +49 30- 880041040
BearingPoint hereby disclaims, as far as permitted by local laws, any liability for itself and its affiliated companies and contractors for any of your information sent to our Website or for using the Service and which is lost, misused, illegally accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed or not integrally or timely delivered to our Website or to the Service.
Changes to the Statement
We reserve the right to amend this Statement at any time without advance notice in order to address future developments of BearingPoint, the Website, the Service or changes in industry or legal trends. We will post the revised Statement on the Website or announce the change on the home page of the Website or the Service. You can determine when the Statement was revised by referring to the “Last Updated” date on the top of this Statement. Any changes will become effective upon the posting of the revised Statement on the Website or the Service. By continuing to use the Website or Service following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Statement, in whole or part, you can choose to not continue to use the Website or the Service.